JOSEPH GRENNY – MASTERING THE SKILL OF INFLUENCE
- Leadership is intentional influence.
- The influence of the pain or pleasure of the behavior itself moves us to action.
- Don’t just teach principles. Connect them to values.
- Help people frame specific daily decisions in godly ways.
- Skill is a substantial part of influence.
- Influence other people through modeling , praise, helping, and enabling.
DR. BRENE BROWN – DARING GREATLY
Our irreducible needs are LOVE and BELONGING:
LOVE IS NOT A VICTORY MARCH IT’S A COLD AND BROKEN HALLELUJAH
- Cultivating love happens between two people when each has a healthy amount of self love
- To be loved is to be seen and to belong.
- Leaders model the questions to get the answers
- Grow through connection-connection gives meaning in our lives
We can’t give what we don’t have
- When you feel self-judgement when you ask for help, you also judge others when you help them.
Professing vs. practice of love – profession of love has very little to do with the practice of it.
- The gap between our practice and our profession of the practice is the gap of disengagement –
BLAME: The simple discharging of pain and discomfort.
- Blame is toxic.
- Feedback is a function of respect. Feedback is difficult without vulnerability on both sides of the table.
BELONGING: #1 barrier to belonging is the difficulty of fitting-in
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
- If you aren’t in the arena I don’t want to hear your criticism.
If courage is your value then the one thing that you better have is absolute clarity of values AND someone who loves you.
OSCAR MURIU – VIRAL LEADERSHIP: MULTIPLYING IMPACT EXPONENTIALLY
- The size of your harvest depends on how many leaders you have. How many leaders have you raised up?
- Don’t live just for your generations but for the generations to come
- Identify the budding leaders around you and bring them to the Lord in prayer.
DR. HENRY CLOUD – REVERSING THE DEATH SPIRAL OF A LEADER
- Leaders do the hard things, take charge, take ownership.
- Do you believe that it can happen? All leaders start out believing this but at some point circumstances beyond our control may cause us to lose our focus and belief.
Henry talked about the Three P’s ~ (Personally – Pervasively – Permanency) Watch it here
- The opposite of bad is not good but instead LOVE and RELATIONSHIP.
ANDY STANLEY – DEEP AND WIDE
- When Jesus said I’m going to build my church, he meant it! Sometimes God uses the least likely…he seriously interrupts our lives, nothing can stop Him. Nothing can stop His ecclesia. GOD HAS DONE and is Doing SOMETHING!
Note: Last speaker of the day and it’s Andy Stanley. Pretty much closed my computer and soaked in the wisdom. His preaching style has that effect on me.